The Research and Planning Unit of the TDC is responsible for producing accurate and reliable information about the local tourism industry, its competitors and source markets. This unit will also interpret collected data and present its conclusions to the industry's stakeholders.
Specific Programmes and Tasks include:
• Implementation of an effective and timely reporting system of arrival and departure statistics using immigration card data
• Undertaking visitor satisfaction and expenditure surveys
• Assessment of the economic impact of tourism on an ongoing basis
• Monitoring the performance of niche market segments of the local tourism industry
• Publishing and distribution of all relevant tourism information